2018 Speakers to Include:
- Dr. Thomas J. Karr
- Assistant Director
- Directed Energy
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- William P. Bray, SES
- Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Navy Research, Development, Test & Evaluation
- Department of the Navy
- BG Randall McIntire, USA
- Director, Air and Missile Defense Cross Functional Team
- US Army Futures Command
- Keith Englander, SES
- Director for Engineering
- Missile Defense Agency
- David Law
- Technology Division Chief
- Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Dr. Sean Ross
- AFRL Directed Energy Liaison
Download Detailed Agenda Here
Why You Should Attend This Year's Symposium:
- The 2018 Directed Energy Symposium will provide a forum to discuss the efforts to develop and leverage DE technologies in support of U.S. national security needs and battlefield overmatch. The symposium will focus on service and DoD DE roadmaps, DE’s role in National security and the future Force, R&D initiatives, acquisition strategies, and much more.
- Leaders across the DoD and Services have long-since recognized the value that DE can provide to the Military in both offensive and defensive capacities. The maturation of DE technologies coupled with ongoing RDT&E efforts have paved the way for the rapid development and deployment of DE capabilities across the Military Services and Federal Government
- To fully leverage the vast amount of dollars and time already invested in DE technologies during the 20th century, the DoD and Federal Govt. must spend a proportionate amount of time structuring acquisition and funding strategies, driving technology investment, and fostering a culture of innovation to meet near and far-term DE mission needs.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our symposium's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the directed energy community to include key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2nd Annual Directed Energy Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.