- PAST EVENTS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
November 13, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 3rd Directed Energy Symposium will address the increasing need across the military to develop offensive and defensive directed energy capabilities. With emerging threats from near-peer competitors as well as continued operations against non-state actors, the need for directed energy capabilities will only continue to increase. These systems have the potential to stop a future hypersonic or ballistic missile attack or counter swarms of enemy drones, as the future battlefield becomes more technologically advanced.
2019 Confirmed Speakers Include:
Dr. Craig Robin, SES
Senior Research Scientist for Directed Energy Applications
Dr. Shari Feth
Program Executive, Advanced Technology
Missile Defense Agency
COL Gary Beard
TRADOC Capability Manager
Air Defense Artillery
Program Manager, Ground Based Air Defense
Marine Corps System Command
Directed Energy Warfare Office NSWC Dahlgren Division
APM Energy Storage
Electric Ships Office (PMS 320)
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
The 2019 Directed Energy Symposium will provide a forum to discuss the efforts to develop and leverage DE technologies in support of U.S. national security needs. As the global climate shifts back towards a great power competition, new and advanced weapons systems will need to be rapidly developed and fielded to provide the United States a continued advantage over its potential enemies.
With countries advancing their development of hypersonic and other advanced missiles to avoid existing defense systems the US needs to develop new ways to protect its assets from attack. Directed Energy weapons have the potential to provide a low cost, high capacity capabilities to defend against these emerging threats. Along with advanced missiles Directed Energy systems also have the ability to counter enemy UAVs. As UAV technology becomes established and cheaper more threats can cheaply field fleets of theses systems. Directed Energy offers the US an option besides expensive missiles to destroy these UAVs and deter their future use.
As the battlefield of the 21st century and beyond continue to evolve and new technology is introduced at a rapid pace the US will need to continue to advance its capabilities. Directed Energy Systems have the potential to bolster US warfighter dominance across any future battlefield.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the directed energy community to include key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision-makers and solution providers.
*Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Topics to be covered at the 2019 Summit:
– Rapidly Fielding Army Directed Energy Systems
– Enhancing US Missile Defense Capabilities through Directed Energy
– Advancing USMC Command and Control Architectures
– Applying DE to counter enemy UAV threats
– Providing Power and Energy Systems to Integrate Directed Energy Weapons into Naval Ships
– The Role of Directed Energy Weapons in Future Mega City and Urban Environments
– Conducting Planetary Defense and Exploration with Directed Energy Systems
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Directed Energy community.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date Directed Energy initiatives and technologies.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Participating organizations at last year’s Summit:
II-VI Optical Systems, SURVICE Engineering Company, Selex Galileo Inc., Robert Sawyer,RK Solution Enterprises, LLC, NWL, Inc., Georgia Tech Research Institute, HRL Laboratories, Corning, Booz Allen Hamilton, BAE Systems, Sabatech LLC, Lasertel, Inc, Corvid Technologies, Lockheed Martin, LGS Innovations, ADI Technologies, Inc, Honeywell Aerospace, Institute for Defense Analyses, LaserMaxDefense (LMD), Raytheon Company, Fiore Industries Inc, Northrop Grumman, Avascent, Boeing, Blue Residuum Space Alliances, Castle Shelter Group, DHS, ACC, Naval Research Laboratory, Dept of the Army Headquarters G-8, INSCOM, DE JTO (Joint Directed Energy Transition Office), U.S. Army Research Laboratory and many more!
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 3rd Annual Directed Energy Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
– DSI’s Directed Energy Summit directly supports DoD and Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
– DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
– The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.