- PAST EVENTS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 19, 2017 | The Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s Directed Energy Day will focus on the efforts across the military branches to advance and utilize directed energy technologies. The discussion will cover the latest initiatives to apply directed energy to existing platforms and recent efforts to further develop the technology.
2017 Directed Energy Day Confirmed Speakers:_________________________________
* RADM David Hahn, USN, Chief of Naval Research, Director, Innovation Technology Requirements, and Test and Evaluation, US Navy
* BG Randall McIntire, USA, Chief of Air Defense Artillery, Fires Center of Excellence
* Keith L. Englander, SES, Director for Engineering, Missile Defense Agency
* COL Douglas White, USA, TRADOC Capability Manager, Air Defense Artillery Brigade & Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Fires Center of Excellence
* Dr. Sean Ross, AFRL Directed Energy Liaison, SAF/AQR
Why You Should Attend This Symposium
The Directed Energy Day will allow US military commands, government agencies, academia, and technology providers the chance to have an open discussion about the current and future roles of directed energy weapons. The goal of this conference is to create meaningful progress in solving some of the complex issues to support the DoD’s ability to utilize the latest in directed energy weapons technology in both defensive and offensive capacities.
The Symposium will present recent advances in the field of directed energy and how new technologies will translate into making directed energy weapons more accessible and usable. The Symposium will focus on the future goals for directed energy technology across the military services and how they plan to integrate DE with existing and future platforms.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the directed energy community, as well as key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Directed Energy Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
2017 Topics to Include
• DoD Perspective on Directed Energy Based Non-lethal Weapons
• Transitioning Directed Energy Weapons from the Conceptual to the Practical
• Offensive and Defensive Applications of Directed Energy Weapons
• Applications of Directed Energy Weapons within the Surface Fleet
• Understanding the Mission Role: Where Can DE Weapons Be Utilized to Fulfill Existing Needs
• Shifting the Calculus of Adversaries by Utilizing Directed Energy within the BMDS Architecture
• Platforms That Show the Most Promise for the Execution of Directed Energy Oriented Missions
At Our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the DoD.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees_____________________
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Symposium is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.